Monday, October 15, 2007

(Re) Focusing

After starting this blog, I realized that I needed a better understanding of what I was doing. So I started a few other blogs. Pretty generic stuff. Some of my favorite pictures from people. A rant about bad drivers. A rebuttal to an anti-Mary Kay site. You can check them out if you would like, and I will probably still give them some attention as I still need an outlet for my opinions. However, the more time I spent creating and nurturing these facets of things that are important to me, the more I realized that the one thing that is most important to me is talking about what I think God wants to say to the world.

I changed the layout of the site because as I was trying to reread what I wrote previously, and realized that the headache I was getting was not as a result of my particular style of writing (I wrote it, I should be able to appreciate the styling of my own writing I think!) but rather because reading white text on a sea of black is draining. Sorry!

My renewed interest is due in part (if not fully) to my new (e)friend Scam. He has a blog that exposes various scams. Updated daily (sometimes several times in one day), this site is ALWAYS a good read! Educational and entertaining! If you suspect something is a scam, hoax or in general just a little shady, be sure and check out his site. If he hasn’t already tackled the question you have, shoot him an email, and you will most likely see your subject within a few days! One of the things that I most appreciate about this blogger is his open mind and willingness to concede that his opinion may not be the most accurate. Please enjoi! (I go by Jon on that site so if you do stop in, tell him Jon sent you!)

So, in the interest of keeping myself sane, I am going to combine my other “pursuits” into this blog. I will still give some attention to the other blogs, but this one will get the better chunk of my attention. It will be a bit of a smorgasbord of themes, ideas and thoughts, but all with the focus of looking at things from God’s point of view!

Thanks to all my visitors so far, and I hope you enjoi the ride as we endeavor to discover what (if anything) God thinks about!

No comments: